Sunday, February 19, 2012

Howdy!

Hey Y'all!

Lent season is beginning, and this year I decided to give up Facebook! I would get on constantly when I should be spending time with family and friends, and doing school work. Shhh! It was constantly causing me to compare my life to everyone else, making me envious. One of the things I liked about Facebook was being able to keep up with family from Ohio and other places so this will at least allow everyone else to see what is going on with my life, and our family email will let me know how all of you are doing!! 

This spring there are many exciting things yet to come! Right now Grandma is visiting me in Stephenville, then I will fly to Arizona for spring break to spend a week with her! Around that time I will also find out about vet school. Eek! Keep the prayers coming there. Then near the end of March I will get to fulfill a lifelong dream, holding a penguin! RJ has arranged for us, along with another couple who we are close with, to travel to Galveston Island, Texas to have a 45 minute private penguin tour of the penguin exhibit at Moody Gardens. We will get a behind the scenes look at the exhibit and get to interact one-on-one with a penguin! At the end of the tour we get to watch the penguin "paint" a picture (they put ink on their feet and have them walk across paper) and then get to take it as a souvenir! I am SO excited for this! Penguins are my favorite animal :)

We have a new addition to the family! A rottweiler/great dane mix named Axle. He is such a character! He has enjoyed all of the attention from Grandma Nancy. He is definitely a love bug!!


                                                                     


 By the way, please continue to pray for my mom. She lost her 6 year old rotty Jade a few weeks ago. It was sudden and extremely sad so please keep her in your thoughts! 


Happy February everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment