Sunday, July 15, 2012

Finally Starting to Settle In!



It has been a long time since I have updated my blog! I have so many things to share, let's start with graduation...

I graduated May 12 and all of my family got to come down! It was so great having everyone there, especially with no conflicts. Enjoy the pictures!
Getting my diploma from Dr. Dottavio.


Me and my friend Melissa.

With the future in-laws!

Fiancé :)

Gig 'em!

My classmates with our favorite teacher, Dr. Sanderford. Left to right: Dakota, JD Hunt, JD Crow, Dr. Sanderford, Me, Melissa, and KiaRhae



I was so blessed to get to graduate with my close friends that I had spent so many hours studying with, texting late night for help on study guides, and stressing during finals with. They were my support system and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

After graduation and the Ohio family leaving, I headed back to Saint Jo to work for a few weeks before moving.
One reason why I love my job: I get to play with cute puppies on my lunch break!!!
Then unfortunately my time took a toll for the worse, my 11 year old black lab Tucker had to be put to sleep. I came back from a weekend in College Station to my dad telling me that Tucker couldn't urinate anymore. Hoping it was nothing, I took him outside myself, and nothing. After a call to Dr. Gleason, I found out the prognosis was probably what I had been fearing. Tucker when to work with me on Monday and Tuesday. We placed a urinary catheter and observed him during the days, and I did the work at night at home. Tuesday night after I placed the catheter, nothing came out. I knew what this meant, and Wednesday morning it was time to say goodbye. Dr. Gleason gave me 2 days with my pup at work with me so I got to spend his last days with him. For that I am extremely thankful. He was happy until the end and I am so thankful I never had to see him truly in pain and suffering. The house still isn't the same, and anyone who has visited me or stopped by in the last 11 years knows exactly what I mean. He was a special member of the family and my best pal. So glad I got to be with him his last few breaths and wasn't away at school, as hard as it was to take in. He will be forever remembered and missed!!








On a happier note, I am completely moved into my new place! RJ put in so much work and it definitely pays off. I am so blessed to have him!! The dogs are settling in quite nicely also. They love going to the dog park which is something we try to do just about every other day. Axle loves to swim!!!
On the drive to College Station. We were stopped, of course!! I'm not so sure the dogs appreciated the 5 hour drive...
Before...

RJ completely redid the kitchen! He built the cabinets himself and hung the backsplash. All I get credit for is painting the walls and decorating!

Aren't the cabinets beautiful?!

My cross wall.

Dining area

Aren't these the cutest things ever?! Can you tell cattle are my favorite animal?? :)
Before...

My bed! So comfy. Linda, Wendell, and Gran bought me the whole bedroom suit. What a great graduation/birthday/Christmas present!!!! I LOVE IT.

Handsome baby.

Ax loves to swim!

 I also started my summer anatomy course through A&M on June 25 and am LOVING it. It's motivating to know that what I am doing now actually matters; one day I will make a difference! I am enjoying getting to know my classmates and look forward to meeting the entire class in August!
Courtney and I on the first day of class! Look out Aggieland!!

God has blessed me with such an amazing life. I am the luckiest girl in the world!!
My love :)

Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney concert! Thanks to Wes, Kristin, Eric, and Melissa! What a great night!!

The kitten that I saved in Stephenville. Due to my cat allergy, the kitty was adopted that evening :) I'm not so sure what was so appealing to her to cross the busiest road in Stephenville during the busiest time!!

The handsome men of my life!!!


Me with Peppy the day we vaccinated for West Nile/VEWT. This is the daddy to Jäger by the way :)
Peppy being my pin cushion

Jäger is now 13 months! And handsome as ever. He is so smart and will grow to be such a beautiful horse! I eagerly look forward to riding him :)
 And finally last but absolutely not least, we have begun a little wedding planning! We have venues picked out but cannot book until January. Potential engagement picture photographers have been emailed, and we have the basics decided!! I'm not going to give any hints or information, but I will say that it is going to be a down-home, two steppin', fun having party that will be 8 years in the making :) I guess I will give one sneak peak..but no stealing anyone!!!!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful rest of the summer! Remember to always take time to thank God for all the blessings he has given to you and never forget who let you wake up this morning :)
Happy trails!
Kaitlyn

1 comment:

  1. I love your choice of colors and flowers...just like you -- Unique, Character, and lots of BEAUTY!! Missing you lots and not sure I like that Aggie land is 5 hrs vs the 3 hrs away as before. Blessings blessings in the Metzler family!

    ReplyDelete